Machine translation researcher
Martin Popel is a machine translation researcher at the Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics at Charles University in Prague. He is the first author of CUBBITT, a system for English-Czech translation published in Nature Communications. The system output quality is comparable to human translators’ quality in the news domain. CUBBITT is available online on the LINDAT website. In 2010, Martin Popel started acting as the technical editor of The Prague Bulletin of Mathematical Linguistics.
- mainstream machine translation
- machine translation evaluation
- machine translation post-editing
- Universal Dependencies: linguistic annotation framework
- LUSyD: language understanding in multilingual setting